Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Crockpot Adventures- The Beginning

Ever since having and son and getting married, in that order, I have been struggling to get meals prepared for the whole family in a timely manor, while still working a full time job, finding time to work out at the gym, and maintaining some sort of sanity. My husband suggested using our crockpot that we received as a wedding gift over a year ago. Along with the crockpot, we were gifted The New Slow Cooker cook book by Williams-Sonoma. I thought it was a genius idea. Why hadn't I thought of that: small amount of prep, cook all day, and vuala ready to plate and eat.

Since many moms are working moms these days, I thought I would channel my own Julie Powell from Julie and Julia and cook my way through my slow cooker book, hopefully helping moms out there realize that they can do it all! I don't want to be preparing a different meal for my toddler, so I am hoping that his palette will enjoy flavors beyond cheese, hotdogs, and fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment