Monday, May 11, 2015

Dream Mother’s Day



Yesterday was Mother’s Day. I spent the morning in Santa Cruz with my husband and son. We always get breakfast at this one spot and then walk down to a cliff area where we can watch the surfers. I turned out to be a beautiful day. We went to Capitola beach and let K run in the sand. He ran straight for Soquel river which runs down the middle of the beach. Of course he got soaked and covered in sand. When I went to change him he put up a fight. In hindsight it is very comical, but at the time it exhausted me. I have been feeling very tired lately, so I took a nap when we returned home. I needed to rest up for the family BBQ that we were hosting.

Since I have been feeling so tired, I decided to take a test. It would be a little early, but I thought what the hay, it is Mother’s Day. What fun would it have been to find out that I was be pregnant on Mother’s Day. As I suspected it came out negative. During the test, I was so nervous. I did not expect that since we have been trying. I guess, since it will change our lives once again, it is something I should get nervous about. I am hoping that my next test will be positive. I already feel like I am carrying around a small ball in my belly.

The day ended with a fantastic BBQ. The highlight of the event was my homemade ice cream sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment